A/C Filters 4 Less offers tips to improve the energy efficiency of the furnace and lower utility costs.
Online PR News – 25-July-2011 – – A/C Filters 4 Less provides residential and industrial filters across the U.S. with free shipping. This time of the year, many consumers are looking for ways to save money on air conditioning costs. There are several steps one can take to improve the energy efficiency of the furnace in their home, in turn cutting down on utility bills. A/C Filters 4 Less has some tips for consumers to get the most energy efficient heating and cooling out of their HVAC system.
1. Clean all registers on the heating/cooling system and make sure they are not blocked by furniture or drapes.
2. Install a programmable thermostat to ensure a regulated temperature when away from home.
3. Make sure to have adequate insulation in the attic to retain heat or cool air inside the home, which will cause the furnace to run less often.
4. Be certain the ductwork for the HVAC system is completely insulated and sealed. Maintaining properly sealed ducts can cut costs by up to 20%.
5. Ensure all windows and doors are sealed with weather stripping or caulking to reduce air leaks.
6. Change a/c filters and furnace filters regularly (every 4-6 weeks or as needed) to allow the HVAC system to run more efficiently.
7. Have a home energy audit conducted by your utility company to find any problem areas that need to be addressed.
“Energy efficiency is a major concern to us, as well as our customers. We strive to provide the best information to help all consumers save on energy costs throughout the year.”, adds Mark Platt, Owner. For more information on a/c filters, furnace filters and indoor air quality, visit http://www.acfilters4less.com/FAQ.
A/C Filters 4 Less is a family owned and operated business providing excellent customer service since 1980. Service is tailored to each customers individual needs by making sure they get the right type of filter they are looking for. For more information and customer testimonials, visit www.acfilters4less.com.