Grow Your Own website provides a solution for a new generation of growers - GYO seed boxes, delivered straight through the letterbox.
Online PR News – 23-July-2011 – – For Immediate Release: Southsea, UK – July 18th 2011:-
Growing food at home came another step closer for a new generation of Growers with the launch of ALLOTINABOX.COM
ALLOTINABOX™ is a brand new GYO product and service, which in its simplest form encourages people everywhere to get growing. On the website, consumers can purchase GYO seed boxes which include all you need to start growing herbs, fruit and veggies. Almost anyone with an Urban Plot, Balcony or Kitchen Garden can grow fresh produce even in the heart of a city!
In cities and spaces all around the world, a new breed of growers are discovering how easy it is to grow fresh fruit and vegetables and that you don’t need a great deal of space to start growing, just a few seeds. The ALLOTINABOX ™ website aims to encourage everyone to participate, providing people with new ingenious solutions to help them get growing. Forget Allotments, the brand is all about creating an edible garden that you can call your own, the company believe that we can all grow and eat delicious vegetables and fruit all year round.
The premise of the website is to build a community and experience that helps to educate and guide people through the simple steps to growing their own food. The seeds provided in GYO Boxes can be squeezed into any space, with everything from herbs, salads, and all year round veggies readily available to buy from the website, and also included in their boxes.
Loraine White Co –Founder of ALLOTINABOX said: “Our new website engages with people who love fresh food and celebrates the rewards that growing our own food can bring”. “As well as giving visitors a unique online GYO experience, newer growers, many of them young professionals with no experience in growing food can now enjoy the pleasure of sowing their own produce” ‘With space at a premium, now anyone can experience sweet Nantes Carrots in season, delicious fresh herbs such as Chives, and try their hand at growing other items that are within easy reach of their kitchen or balcony at harvest time”
The site already has some great tips and guides for new growers, including advice on growing food, recipes and sustainability tips, with food prices on the increase, a new generation are turning to growing food at home which is more cost effective and beneficial than popping to the supermarket. More helpful content is being added all the time. Currently the website features:
• Access to ALLOTINABOX™ the magnificent GYO seed boxes that include growing goodies such as packs of seeds, plant tags, jute twine a grow wheel, vouchers and much more- The boxes can purchased as a single item, or delivered bi annually or quarterly, with the seeds changing to reflect the seasons
• A fantastic shop, filled with growing goodies. Watch out for more products coming soon from Gardening Equipment to grow your own books which are simple to use and learn from
• A completely secure account login and payment system, allowing users to track their orders, personalise their address details, gift messaging and access exclusive discount codes.
• Grow guides, helping you with advice about how to grow the featured seeds, how to get started anywhere including the smallest urban spaces and even some delicious recipes and cooking advice.
• All the information about the boxes you could want, from their local production to their ethical and environmental qualities that is the theme throughout the brand.
• And finally background about the ALLOTINABOX™ team and story of how they got growing!
What’s more, help is always at hand through the ALLOTINABOX social channels (twitter & facebook) or through our help section on the website where the expert growing team take questions and provide tips on growing food at home.
You can see the website in all it’s glory at www.allotinabox.com , so Dig In.
ALLOTINABOX™ provides people of all ages with the knowledge basics for growing their own food at home whatever space they have, from urban window boxes to kitchen gardens and countryside plots.
This all-British company provides, Beautiful GYO seed boxes, which includes other augmented products, which are delivered by post.
The seed ‘boxes’ can be purchased as a single item, or seasonally, so that the seeds included change to reflect the season throughout the year. Other boxes planned are available from September onwards including Urban Gardening boxes, which are tailored for green roofs and windowsill spaces in cities such as London and New York.
These can be purchased from the allotinabox website using a secure payment method, and an accompanying shop offers users the opportunity to buy other products for GYO and associated products, simplifying the whole process of growing.
The website also encourages education, providing handy advice and tips on the whole process of growing and harvesting delicious crops, in any available space.
For further information please visit www.allotinabox.com
Contact: Gavin White
Tel: +44 (0) 800 288 8683