A/C Filters 4 Less reminds consumers to schedule an air conditioning unit tune-up prior to reaching the hot summer months.
Online PR News – 02-June-2011 – – With summer fast approaching and temperatures on the rise, many home owners forget to schedule an air conditioning tune up. To keep your home cool during the summer, the HVAC unit needs to be running efficiently. A/C Filters 4 Less wants to remind consumers to have their air conditioning unit serviced and replace a/c filters to avoid a breakdown during the hottest time of the year.
Annual air conditioning check-ups in the spring and furnace check-ups in the fall can help to detect any small problems that may have arisen. Although regular checkups will not absolutely guarantee that a unit will work perfectly throughout the season, they will reveal small problems that can lead to major, more expensive problems in the future.
“There is nothing worse than a 90 degree day and no air conditioning in your home. We hear of these problems each year and want to help our customers avoid a meltdown.”, states Mark Platt, owner. A/C Filters 4 Less has some basic tips to follow along with your tune-up.
- Run the air conditioner for a few minutes before it is needed. Waiting until a hot day can leave you hot and very unhappy.
- Change a/c filters regularly. Dirty filters restrict air flow, reducing efficiency and can eventually cause the evaporator to ice up.
- Be sure all access panels are secure, with all screws in place.
- Clean obstructions such as leaves, branches, etc. from around the exterior unit.
- Be sure to set the thermostat on cooling mode. Just setting the dial below room temperature will not activate the air conditioning if it set to heat mode.
For more tips and FAQ’s, visit http://www.acfilters4less.com/FAQ.
A/C Filters 4 Less is a family owned and operated business providing excellent customer service since 1980. Service is tailored to each customers individual needs by making sure they get the right type of filter they are looking for. For more information and customer testimonials, visit www.acfilters4less.com.