Foremayâ€™s SC199â„˘ and EC188â„˘ product families have added 1TB standard 2.5â€ť SATA SSDs, with a thickness of only 9.5 mm and with both commercial temperature and industrial temperature ranges.
Online PR News – 30-May-2011 – – PASADENA, California - Foremay, Inc., a leader of technology innovation in solid state drives and one of the worldâ€™s Top 10 SSD OEMs, today announced that its 1TB SSD drives in standard 2.5â€ť SATA interface with a thickness of 9.5 mm, and its 480GB standard 1.8â€ť micro SATA SSDs with thickness of only 5 mm are in production. Both the 1TB 2.5â€ť SATA SSDs and 480GB 1.8â€ť micro SATA SSDs are offered in Foremayâ€™s SC199 (for mission critical applications) and EC188 (for enterprise applications) product families. The read/write speeds for both products are up to 250 MB/s. Users can opt for either industrial grade or commercial grade for both products to suit their specific applications. Foremay's 1TB solid state drive is the Largest SSD in the world today in standard 2.5" SATA form factor.
â€śWe are proud to deliver our slim 1TB 2.5â€ť SATA SSDs and 480GB 1.8â€ť micro SATA SSDs to fill the gap in the current niche market where customers need ultra-high capacity SSDs,â€ť said Jason Hoover, Foremayâ€™s Vice President of Marketing.
The SC199 product family is designed for mission-critical applications that require high reliability, high ruggedness, long endurance, and high performance are required, such as:
- Mission Critical Applications
- Rugged Computing, Industrial / Embedded PCs
- High Reliable Enterprise, Telecom, and Banking Systems and Stock / Security Exchanges
- Disaster Recovery, Public Security, Government Systems, Fault Tolerant Applications
- Vehicle / Ship / Aerospace
- Oil / Gas / Mining Fields
- Medical Equipment
The EC188 product family is designed for enterprise applications that require high speed, high IOPS, high concurrent access, and high reliability, such as
- Cloud computing servers
- 3G/4G Wireless Mobile Content, Mobile Video/TV and Mobile Internet Systems
- E-commerce Servers, Online Gaming Servers and Video Streaming Servers
- Recording/editing/transmitting of film, HD video, and HDTV
- High Concurrent Reading Systems such as Commercial IPTV and VOD Systems
- High Speed Enterprise IT Systems and Data Centers
- High Speed Data Acquisition and Collection
- Medical Imaging, Scientific Research, 3D Imaging and Modeling
Both the 1TB 2.5â€ť SATA SSDs and 480GB 1.8â€ť micro SATA SSDs are now available to ship in volume. For more information about the product offerings, please contact email@example.com
Founded in the Silicon Valley in 2002, Foremay, Inc., is a leading organization dedicated to technological innovation in Solid State Drives ( SSDs ) for highly reliable, mission-critical computing, industrial computing, and enterprise computing. Foremay's vision is to bring reliable, rugged and high-performance solid state drives to the market with a â€śGreen Initiativeâ€ť in mind. Foremay is headquartered in Pasadena, California, USA. For more information and product details, please visit www.foremay.net
+1 408 228 3468
ForemayÂ®, Foremay logoÂ®, SC199Â® and EC188Â® are all trademarks of Foremay, Inc. Any product name of another company or organization mentioned is the property or trademark of its respective owner.