Bigasoft iMovie Converter updated to import Flip video to iMovie '11, '09, '08! Solve iMovie does not import Flip video AVI files from UltraHD, MinoHD, and SlideHD etc.
Online PR News – 18-May-2011 – – Though the Flip Video range was retired in April 2011, many consumers are still using Flip camcorders and its variants including the UltraHD, the MinoHD, and the SlideHD are still made and sold. It is still necessary to solve "iMovie does not import Flip Video AVI files" issue.
Bigasoft iMovie Converter (http://www.bigasoft.com/imovie-converter-mac.html ) updated to supporting Flip video to iMovie '11, '09, '08. This update is aimed to solve the following Symptoms in importing Flip video to imovie:
• Can't even play Flip video in QuickTime, let alone import Flip to iMovie
• When import Flip into iMovie, only to get the screen but hear nothing
• When import Flip video to iMovie, only to hear the video but with a black screen
• Flip video simply do not work with iMovie though with the Perian installed
• Even QuickTime Pro is unable to convert the AVI files to iMovie compatible video format
• When drag and drop Flip to iMovie, it looks like it imports them fine, but then in the preview panel it says "No Matching Video, choose a different option from the Show pop-up menu at the lower left corner"
According to Apple official website, iMovie can only import DV, HDV, MPEG-4, MOV and M4V. However, most of Flip camcorders records in MPEG-4 AVI video format which is not supported by iMovie. In order to successfully import this kind of Flip video to iMovie, we need to convert it to iMovie compatible format like MPEG-4, DV. Bigasoft iMovie Converter just updated to convert Flip video to iMovie compatible format to import Flip video to iMovie with the following steps: http://www.bigasoft.com/articles/how-to-import-flip-to-imovie.html