The report includes statistical information for obesity and higher body mass worldwide, with special emphasis on the U.S. and Europe.
Online PR News – 05-December-2009 – – Weight loss and diet management is a challenge for millions of people around the world. Globally, more than 1 billion people are above an ideal weight. The affects weight has on life-threatening or life-altering disease are devastating. Diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, and cancer all have links to being overweight or obese.
Increasing education efforts, accessible weight management plans and foods, and a growing desire to be physically desirable have fueled this market in more recent years. More than 100 million people in the United States are actively involved in a weight loss or weight management plan at any one time throughout the year. This suggests a demand for products and services which will continue for years to come. This Kalorama Information report - Obesity, Weight Loss and Diet Management Markets - focuses on five key segments of products, treatments, and services:
* Diet Foods and Drinks (Drinks and powders, Bars and Snacks, Meals, Desserts)
* Weight Loss Drugs (Prescription Drugs, OTC)
* Natural Therapies for Weight Loss
* Surgical Interventions (Gastric Banding, Other)
* Weight Loss Programs (Revenues from Delivered Food, Revenues From Program Fees)
The report includes statistical information for obesity and higher body mass worldwide, with special emphasis on the U.S. and Europe. The market segments provide an overview, description of products on the market, market estimates and forecasts, and trends in the industry. Trends discussed in the report include:
* Weight Loss Incentives in the Work Environment
* Healthy Lifestyle and American Cancer Society
* Outlook for a Healthier U.S. Population
* Childhood Obesity
* Inadequate Levels of Sleep, Technology, Caffeine, and the Affect on Adolescents
* Weight Loss Camps and Schools
* Factors that Affect Weight Among Adolescent Girls
* ‘Smart Choices Program’
* New Developments in Pharmaceutical Weight Loss
* New Developments in Weight Loss Surgical Devices
* Trends in Bariatric Surgery
* Obesity Trends During Socioeconomic Changes
* Discontinued Weight Loss Drugs
The information for this report was gathered using both primary and secondary research including comprehensive research of secondary sources such as company literature, databases, investment reports, and medical and business journals. Telephone interviews and email correspondence were the primary method of gathering primary information.
For the purpose of this study Kalorama Information conducted interviews with key industry officials, consultants, health care providers, and government personnel. These sources were the primary basis in gathering information specifically relating to revenue data presented in this report. All market data pertains to the world market at the manufacturers’ level. The base year for data was 2009. Historical data was provided for the years 2006 through 2008, with forecast data provided for 2010 through 2013. Compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) are provided for the 2006-2009, 2009-2013 and 2006-2013 periods for each segment covered.
The forecasted market analysis for 2010-2013 was based on probability of drug approval and sales of products in late stage development, future trends in current product demand, obesity statistics and trends, product marketing, and relevant demographic trends.
For more information, please visit :
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +919272852585