Royal Mail announced its annual stamp price rises which took effect from 4 April 2011.
Online PR News – 01-May-2011 – – Stamp prices in the UK have increased by a record amount – with a First Class stamp rising by 5p to 46p. Second Class stamps will rise 4p to 36p, whilst the cost of a large letter stamp will rise by 9p to 75p for First Class items and 7p to 58p for Second Class mail.
A stamp for a first class large letter now costs 75p but sending it as franked mail only costs 55p.
There is no better time to switch to Franking and to see how much you can save, The Mailing Room, have a Savings Calculator.
By making the switch to a franking machine from The Mailing Room, businesses small and large will instantly benefit.
• Never run out of stamps - postage available 24hrs a day,
7 days a week.
• Your company logo and return address
• Time saving - Integrated scales give you the correct postal tariff for all mail
• save at least 8p on every letter you send*!
• Added security on postage funds
• Time saving - automated scales, frank and seal machines
• Frank any value including Special Delivery and Registered
• Support from our nationwide network of experienced engineers and customer service teams
The Mailing Room is a leading supplier of mailroom equipment and consumables including franking machines, postal scales, folding and inserting machines and letter openers. The Mailing Room is brought to you by an alliance of FP Mailing (North West) Limited, FP Mailing (South) Limited and FP Executive Agency Limited.
*Saving relates to the discount offered on first class and second class letters only up to 100g. Prices effective from 4th April 2011. Discounts may vary.
For more information of The Mailing Room franking machines and other products and services, visit http://www.themailingroom.com.