Parkinsons disease (PD) is the second most common neurological disorder, affecting approximately 4.1m people worldwide.
Online PR News – 24-November-2009 – – Parkinsons disease (PD) is the second most common neurological disorder, affecting approximately 4.1m people worldwide. As the prevalence rate of PD is set to rise significantly in the coming years, clinical interventions will play a major role in combating the wide spectrum of unmet needs associated with the disease.
In 2006, the global sales of PD therapeutics were $3.1bn up by 11% from $2.5bn in 2005. Revenues of the only approved PD drugs across the major markets (US, Japan, France, Germany, Italy, Spain and the UK) totaled over $2.2bn in 2006, with revenues expected to exceed $4.6bn by 2012. With key some PD drugs expected to lose patent expiration in the near-term, This predicts that the entry of new products will be inevitable. But which products will be successful and how much revenue will they generate?
The report analysis PD sales over the next 15 years and delivers the percentage market growth. The projected revenue growth will be driven largely by reformulations that will decrease the burden of polypharmacy in patients receiving PD pharmacotherapy. The leading therapeutics expected to change the PD market dynamics will include, GlaxoSmithKline's (GSK's) Requip Once-daily ER awaiting approval, UCB-Schwarz's Neupro, Teva and Lundbeck’s Azilect. How will these products effect you and your business? Find out today.
Other key compounds predicted for success include Kyowa Hakko’s Istradefylline, Merck-Serono/Newron’s Safinamide. The new wave of Gene/cell Therapy compounds that have revealed positive initial clinical data, thus Neurotrophic growth factors (NGF), either to be injected directly into the brain are also tipped for potential market success. Ceregene’s Neuturine, Neurologix’ GAD (glutamic acid decarboxylase) amongst other similar drugs, will add to the present PD therapeutics that will expand revenue growth in the long-term.
With country-by-country focus on the markets of:
This report includes detailed five-year forecasts over the period 2008-2012, and NOW features 10 and 15 year forecasts to help you understand the medium-term prospects for these markets.
Why You Must Buy This Report:
This report features tables, graphs and charts, news, insights, the past and present developments in Market. This report will provide you with the complete understanding of the demand for a shift from modest therapies to highly efficacious drugs for the treatment of PD.
This This report is the single authoritative and in-depth tool to equip you with the latest trends in all regional markets and why all (stakeholders) demand a new generation of drugs to improve the quality of live of suffers of PD and their caregivers. This recommends this astute and hard-hitting report with detailed information into the key market development and major players in the field.
Parkinson’s Disease Market Analysis & Forecasts 2008-2022 report is a must buy, because it presents in-depth and unbiased financial analysis for the near-term, medium-term and the long-term, market dynamics. When you buy the This 2008 PD report, you will be buying current and vital information on the vast array of compounds in pipeline that are marked for potential success in the long-term treatment of AD.
Unique benefits to you when you order this report:
- Primary research throughout. You will not find this information anywhere else
- Report stored in your reading room for ever
- Full searchable report when you buy the company or corporate editions
- Copies can be printed off for offline reading
- Packed with charts, analysis, figures, graphs and tables
What questions does the report answer?
• Which regions have the highest prevalence of AD diseases today?
• Do you know the cost of PD across the larger markets?
• Who are the market leaders in this class of therapy?
• What market share was accounted for by the leading drugs in the major markets?
• Do you know how much the PD market will be worth by Q4 of 2007 and its potential value by 2012, 2017 and 2022?
• Which first line drugs will be coming off patent by 2012 and what are the economic implications to the market?
• Do you know the market Potential of Teva/Lundbeck’s Azilect?
• Do you know the Neuroprotective properties of Gene/cell Therapy compounds?
• Do you know which drugs have been withdrawn from the neurodegenerative market?
• Which molecules are currently in the PD pipelines that are deemed to answer unmet therapeutic needs in the future?
For more information, please visit :
Or email us at email@example.com or call +919272852585