The report aims to provide an insight on the business aspects of emerging UMTS900.
Online PR News – 24-November-2009 – – UMTS is now a firmly established technology. It is gaining mass market adoption, with DoCoMo admitting to having over 40 million 3G subs, and other markets also gaining a higher 3G penetration. As GSM is phased out UMTS will become the dominant standard. Europe's CEPT has given a EC-wide clearance for the roll-out of UMTS900 in its 47 member states.
UMTS 900 will offer two major advantages:
1) Indoor coverage is improved in urban areas
2) Cheaper deployment in rural areas - UMTS900 will give the mobile network operators the opportunity to use larger cells (typical cell radius 2.5 km). This larger cell is especially usefull in rural areas where there is less demand for services.
The report aims to provide an insight on the business aspects of emerging UMTS900. It details all the aspects related to the emergence, development and subsequent adoption of this new technology around the world. Specifically, the report discusses technical issues, regulatory aspects in addition to the multiple but inter-connected strategies being employed by the infrastructure vendors, operators and the handset manufacturers.
- What is the market potential for this technology?
- What are the drivers and restraints?
- Why UMTS900 in the 900 MHz band?
- What challenges the network operators face for its adoption?
- Which of the infrastructure providers is leading the way?
- What are the Strategies of the top infrastructure provider?
- What are the Strategies of the top handset manufacturers?
The report also provides analysis of:
The strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats of this technology, factors determining the adoption of UMTS900 by the network operators or investigates the context if there any role for any specific vendor such as Qualcomm. It provides subscriber forecasts of this technology in different regions for the period of till 2012 as well as Worldwide CAPEX.
By ordering this report, you will guarantee your profit from UMTS900 evolvement as it becomes the dominant cellular technology offering data calls in addition to voice calls where GSM900 currently exists.
Why you should buy this report:
Infrastructure vendors: As an infrastructure vendor, you have chalked out your individual strategy to enter this market, but it is essential you know why the network operators are taking a ‘wait and watch’ approach before adopting this technology.
Mobile operators - You can find what are the factors that determine the adoption of the UMTS900 standard by the network operators, for example interoperability issues or spectrum availability, infrastructure cost or handset availability.
Handset manufacturers - You'll find that the availability of UMTS900 handsets in the markets is not an independent issue. Why?
Unique benefits to you when you order this report:
- Primary research throughout. You will not find this information anywhere else
- Report stored in your reading room for ever
- Full searchable report when you buy the company or corporate editions
- Copies can be printed off for offline reading
- Packed with charts, analysis, figures, graphs and tables
For more information, please visit :
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +919272852585