This new report - Anti-Obesity Treatments 2009-2024 – explains those trends in commercial terms.
Online PR News – 24-November-2009 – – Obesity has been described as a 'public health time-bomb'. In 2005, the World Health Organization estimated that approximately 400 million individuals are obese. Prevalence of obesity is rising worryingly in many countries, despite campaigns emphasizing the link between being overweight and contracting diabetes. This new report - Anti-Obesity Treatments 2009-2024 – explains those trends in commercial terms. In two of the largest national markets for anti-obesity treatments - the US and UK - over 20% of the population are seriously overweight. Obesity is a major risk factor in a number of other serious disorders, particularly diabetes and heart disease. Importantly, the financial burden of obesity and its associated conditions - both direct and indirect costs - are vast. Obesity is a serious, chronic condition with an emerging market for therapeutic products, as we show in this study. High socioeconomic costs and increasing prevalence are inspiring government initiatives to deal with the problem, with obesity becoming one of the most prominent global health concerns worldwide. Visiongain recognizes the contribution of drugs in this important emerging market, as diet and exercise are frequently not successful alone. We predict that new classes of drugs will invigorate the market - driving total sales in the next decade. In this report you will find out about those treatments, especially their sales potential.
Drug sales in the global anti-obesity market approached $2bn in 2008, with the market to grow substantially over the forecast period 2009-2024. This growth will be associated with a complex environment of label changes, reformulations, patent expiry, OTC switching and new product launches. Those opportunities are highlighted by the extensive R&D pipeline, crowded with novel therapies to improve treatment of obesity. Which new treatments have blockbuster potential? Our report will cover this and other important matters. Importantly, too, prevalence of obesity is rising in Latin America, India and China in particular – important pharmaceutical markets covered here.
Anti-Obesity Treatments 2009-2024 provides detailed analysis of the global anti-obesity market, with comprehensive sales forecasting. With a rigorous study of sources, including commercial databases, company reports, industry news and first-hand interviews with experts in the obesity sector, this report is a unique opportunity to discover how your company can develop over the next 5 years. The result is a comprehensive market- and industry-based report with detailed analyses and informed opinion that you will not find anywhere else.
Anti-Obesity Treatments 2009-2024 highlights the following essential aspects of the market:
• A global forecast for the anti-obesity drugs market with comprehensive discussions
• Sales forecasts for the current-leading drugs
• Assessment of new drug releases, both therapeutically and commercially
• Sales forecasts for the leading national anti-obesity markets, as well as for emerging national markets
• Discussion of strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats (SWOT) facing major stakeholders in the anti-obesity drug sector
• Extensive analysis of pipeline developments, including avenues for future research
• Discussion of current un-met and under-met needs in the anti-obesity market, revealing both therapeutic needs and commercial opportunities.
Why you should buy this report:
• To receive a comprehensive analysis of the prospects for anti-obesity therapies from 2009-2024, including predicted revenues, growth rates and other key metrics
• To identify key pipeline developments, the most promising therapy classes and potential methods of treatment
• To discover the important drivers and restraints for the global anti-obesity market, including factors affecting leading national markets
• To find out where the global anti-obesity market is heading - both technologically and commercially - from the present onwards.
This report is essential reading for anyone in the pharmaceutical and healthcare sector with an interest in obesity and related conditions. Purchasing this report will help you to recognise those important market opportunities and understand the possibilities there.
For more information, please visit :
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +919272852585