With Increasing Retinal Disease Prevalence and Unmet Clinical Needs – Which Drug will be the Next Lucentis?
Online PR News – 23-November-2009 – – The global prevalences of AMD (age-related macular degeneration) and diabetic retinopathy are increasing due to rising numbers of older people worldwide. In addition, the world is facing a "diabetes epidemic", with rapidly-increasing numbers of people with diabetes and diabetic retinopathy. A clear market opportunity exists for pharmacological treatments for diabetic retinopathy, dry AMD and other retinal disorders. From 2009 to 2024, such treatments could repeat the commercial success that Lucentis achieved in the treatment of wet AMD. Our latest pharma report - World AMD and Diabetic Retinopathy Pharmaceutical Market 2009-2024 - examines prospects for the retinal disorder market over the next 15 years.
The rapid commercial success of Lucentis in treating wet AMD illustrates the high rewards for successful novel treatments in the retinal disorders market. There is a clear market opportunity for other drugs to treat diabetic retinopathy, a condition for which there are currently no approved pharmacological treatments. Our analysts believe there are further commercial opportunities for new treatments for geographic atrophy (advanced dry AMD) and for wet AMD. There is a need for clear advantages over existing wet AMD therapies, for improved clinical outcomes and ease of dosing. This report analyses prospects there.
Comprehensive analysis of the market area
World AMD and Diabetic Retinopathy Pharmaceutical Market 2009-2024 examines that sector critically, through a comprehensive review of information sources, both primary and secondary. This report provides detailed sales forecasts, discussions of pipeline developments and analyses of commercial drivers and restraints, including a SWOT analysis. There are over 55 tables and figures and three full interviews with experts in the sector. The result is a comprehensive market- and industry-centred report, with detailed analyses and informed opinion to benefit your work.
Why you should buy World AMD and Diabetic Retinopathy Pharmaceutical Market 2009-2024
You will receive the following benefits when you order our report:
• You will receive sales forecasts for the global retinal disorder market, AMD market,diabetic retinopathy market and the market for other retinal disorders, together with sales forecasts for leading brands, from 2009 to 2024
• You will read expert opinion from key-opinion leaders in the retinal disorders pharmaceutical sector, including full transcripts of interviews not published elsewhere
• You will gain a comprehensive assessment of strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats for this sector, including discussion of market drivers and restraints
• You will receive an examination of the future prospects for Lucentis in the face of competition from off-label use of Avastin, with supporting market forecasts
• You will obtain a regional analysis of the AMD and diabetic retinopathy markets, with sales forecasts
• You will receive in-depth analyses of the pharmaceutical pipelines for AMD, diabetic retinopathy and other retinal disorders.
You can obtain this report today
World AMD and Diabetic Retinopathy Pharmaceutical Market 2009-2024 will provide you with the information that you need to understand this dynamic and rapidly-expanding sector. Which pipeline drug candidates are the ones to watch? When are they likely to reach the market? In which geographical regions are AMD and diabetic retinopathy complications forecasted to increase most in prevalence? This new report answers those questions and much more besides. Do you want to know more about this important market? You can stay ahead by ordering this report today
For more information, please visit :
Or email us at email@example.com or call +919272852585