The mobile industry will also have to work to convince mobile subscribers in order for successful uptake of mobile applications that rely on personal information being safely guarded and are imperative to the continued growth of the mobile platform.
Online PR News – 19-November-2009 – – Identity fraud is a growing global concern. Consumers are growing more protective of their personal data in fear of identity theft and fraud being committed against them. Recent high media profile cases of identities being lost, stolen or fraudulently used have heightened public concern.
The mobile industry is not immune from this and as such will suffer if precautions are not taken to reassure mobile subscribers that their personal data remains safe on the mobile platform and in the possession of mobile companies. The mobile industry will also have to work to convince mobile subscribers in order for successful uptake of mobile applications that rely on personal information being safely guarded and are imperative to the continued growth of the mobile platform.
Personal identity and data kept on the mobile have previously been limited, with few avenues into the mobile device for theft and fraud. However, the environment in which mobile phones are used has changed and the mobile device is now ubiquitous to everyday functions of the mobile subscriber, both for personal and business use. Applications on the mobile platform have developed to such an extent that the input of personal details has become a regular occurrence, whether on the mobile web, mobile email or even SMS. The mobile phone has long been regarded as a device that is extremely personal and, as such, security on the handset has not had the same amount of attention as has been seen on the PC and fixed line internet. This attitude needs to change in order to protect mobile subscribers from the threat of identity fraud.
Identity theft and fraud has gained a foothold on the fixed internet as well as areas of hard copy information. believes that this will migrate onto the mobile platform. Key players in the mobile industry involved in mobile content, the mobile web and protecting mobile subscribers need to gain a thorough understanding of a crime that is continuously evolving and will migrate onto the mobile platform. The mobile phone has become intrinsically linked with the mobile web and as such has heightened the security risks associated with identity fraud. Traditional mobile content, such as voice and SMS messaging are not immune from this threat. While ID fraud in general is believed to be falling believes that its presence on the mobile phone will grow, and the mobile industry will need to be aware of the dangers presented to themselves and their subscribers.
Reading this exclusive management report will tell you the following:
• What are the main issues surrounding ID fraud on the mobile?
• What methods can be used on the mobile to facilitate ID fraud?
• What action can be taken in the industry to prevent ID fraud on the mobile?
• What kind of an impact will ID fraud have on the mobile?
• How will ID fraud affect the future landscape of the mobile platform?
• What are the drivers and barriers to mobile ID fraud?
• What are the drivers and barriers to mobile ID fraud solutions?
Find out the answers to these and many other questions by buying this vital industry insight.
The next generation of mobile subscribers will have a stronger presence on the mobile web, and the next generation of mobile phones will be devices that have the potential to store ever higher amounts of data and information that will be at risk from identity fraudsters. The mobile web is at risk of being stifled through poor user experience suffered from identity fraud on the mobile web as well as through traditional mobile content. Protection for mobile subscribers will need to be given in order to encourage growth of the mobile platform.
Why you need to order this report today:
• Mobile Operators-Gain an insight as to what issues regarding ID fraud can be tackled by the mobile operator and how this will benefit the operator in the market. Discover the risks to the mobile network from ID fraud and how these risks can be best prevented.
• Mobile handset vendors-Discover what issues on the handset directly affect mobile ID fraud and how these can be best dealt with while remaining competitive in the mobile market. Learn what role mobile handset vendors possess in the mobile market in tackling ID fraud and the opportunities that this presents.
• Mobile content providers- Learn what subscribers need to protect themselves from ID fraud and what affect ID fraud can have on the mobile web content market.
• Mobile security strategists-Discover the priorities in defending the mobile industry from ID fraud and what has been seen in the market. Discover what opportunities exist in the mobile market for security against ID fraud.
Who needs to read this report?
Directors, VP and Senior managers in:
• Mobile/Cellular carriers and operators
• Mobile handset manufacturers
• Brands looking to protect their mobile content
• Brands and strategists looking to protect mobile subscribers
For more information, please visit :
Or email us at email@example.com or call +919272852585