HITECH Answers to host upcoming live web event to help healthcare providers understand the requirements for alternative certification of their legacy EHRs, customized commercial products or their own internally-developed systems.
Online PR News – 23-March-2011 – – HITECH Answers, a leader in providing independent analysis and education of the HITECH Act, is hosting an upcoming virtual event to explore requirements for alternative certification for healthcare providers who cannot wholly rely on vendor certified products to meet their objectives.
Presented by Alisa Ray, Executive Director, Certification Commission for Health Information Technology (CCHIT®) and Patricia Becker, Program Manager, EACH™, Commissioner, CCHIT®, this special event session looks at the details of the EHR Alternative Certification for Healthcare Providers (EACH™) program, an ONC-ATCB 2011/2012 certification, and will help attendees:
• Understand the requirements of federal certification for the purposes of supporting meaningful use of electronic health records (EHRs)
• Recognize the role of federally Authorized Testing and Certification Bodies (ATCBs) in certifying complete and modular EHRs
• Discern if your organization needs an EHR certification that cannot be supplied by your installed EHR vendor
• Explore the difficulties in achieving “certified EHR technology” status for self-developed, legacy or heavily customized EHR software already installed at a healthcare provider’s site
• Learn about an alternative program for certifying EHRs at a healthcare provider site.
To learn more about how to register for this event, visit HITECH Answers Upcoming Events.
HITECH Answers is one of the largest independent resources for healthcare providers seeking an understanding of the HITECH Act. We offer free membership to our Virtual Learning Center to Eligible Professionals and Hospitals. To learn more visit: www.HITECHAnswers.net