StrongBox IT, an information security services company specializing in security audits, launched its WAF - Modshield SB on the Microsoft Azure Marketplace.
Online PR News – 13-September-2020 – Sep 11, 2020 Sheridan, Wyoming – Modshield SB is now available in the Microsoft Azure Marketplace on a cloud subscription model and a Bring Your Own License (BYOL) model.
A feature-rich, scalable and cost-effective application firewall, Modshield SB is designed to provide protection against all major attack vectors (OWASP Top 10 and more). It supports multiple domains and applications using a single instance with no additional license costs.
With curated threat intelligence updated continuously, Modshield SB offers real time protection from Bots, Crawlers, Spiders, Bad IPs and Tor IPs. The built-in Denial of Service (DoS) protection also helps safeguard the application from random repetitive attacks ensuring availability of applications.
Modshield SB uses Modsecurity and OWASP Core ruleset as its engine and StrongBox IT’s proprietary code as a UI and enablement wrapper.
"With proven core components and a host of user-friendly features, Modshield SB is going to be an integral tool for businesses looking to increase data security without any compromise in cost economies. Modshield SB is a user-friendly, robust security solution available right within AWS Marketplace, and by far one of the most affordable too" said Joseph Martin, Strongbox IT's CEO.
No-compromise features for robust security
• With Modsecurity at its heart and OWASP Core rule as a guideline standard, Modshield makes it easy to protect web and mobile applications from OWASP Top 10 application risks
• Modshield SB supports both HTTP and HTTPS traffic for applications hosted in a single server or load balanced across multiple servers
• Allows addition of multiple domains and applications using a single instance at no additional cost
• Curated threat intelligence is updated continuously for real-time protection
• Built-in Denial of Service (DoS) protection helps safeguard the application from random repetitive attacks
• Unlimited number of custom rules for monitoring traffic to and from applications
• Log management capabilities allows for external archival, FTP transfers and real-time log forwarding to external monitoring systems
• Modshield has a user-friendly dashboard making available KPIs useful for monitoring and for regulatory compliance
• Data Loss Protection (DLP), a beta feature allows definition of sensitive data thereby protecting specific data leakages
• Modshield SB is currently available as an AMI on the AWS Marketplace and as a Virtual Machine (VM) for physical infrastructure
Operational Testing services including security testing for web and mobile applications, Infrastructure security testing, Load and Stress testing are offered by StrongBox IT to leading organizations across all industries.