At the end of April 2020, China reorganized its ‘Catalogue of Compulsory Product Certification’, including three categories for children’s products.
Online PR News – 09-June-2020 – Geneva, Switzerland – China updated the toy categories in its ‘Catalogue of Compulsory Product Certification’ at the end of April 2020.
The changes affect three categories of children’s product:
• 81. Children’s vehicles – code 2201
• 82. Toys – code 2202
• 83. Restraint devices for child occupants of power-driven vehicles – code 2207
In total, the updated compulsory product certification catalogue contains 17 categories and 107 products. The changes were published by the Certification and Accreditation Administration of the People’s Republic of China (CNCA) in two documents:
• ‘Announcement on Optimization of the Catalogue of Compulsory Product Certification’ (No.18, 2020)
• ‘The Reference Correspondence Table for Products within the scope of the Compulsory Product Certification and 2020 Commodity Numbers’ (No. 21, 2020)
The scope and applicable standards for each of the three children’s product categories are:
• Children’s Bicycles - GB 14746
• Children’s Tricycles - GB 14747
• Wheeled children conveyances - GB 14748
• Baby Walkers - GB 14749
• Electric toys - GB 6675.1, GB 6675.2, GB 6675.3, GB 6675.4, GB19865
• Plastic toys - GB 6675.1, GB 6675.2, GB 6675.3, GB 6675.4
• Metal toys - GB 6675.1, GB 6675.2, GB 6675.3, GB 6675.4
• Ride-on toys - GB 6675.1, GB 6675.2, GB 6675.3, GB 6675.4, GB 19865
Restraint devices for child occupants of power-driven vehicles (Child safety seat, etc.) - GB 27887
These changes came into effect upon publishing, at the end of April 2020.
SGS Toy & Juvenile Product Services
SGS offers a wide range of services to ensure that products comply with relevant standards for childcare articles and children’s equipment. They provide consulting, training, product development, testing, audit and inspection services to ensure that products comply with strict regulations worldwide, demonstrating the safety and quality of juvenile products being brought to the market. Learn more about SGS’s Toy & Juvenile Product Services. [www.sgs.com/en/consumer-goods-retail/toys-and-juvenile-products
For further information contact:
Product Certification Engineer
Tel: +86 (0)755 2532 8888 ext.8266
SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.