As a purpose-driven credit card processor, Brightr Payments is suspending all monthly fees for new and existing small business clients through June.
Online PR News – 18-April-2020 – Melbourne, FL – Purpose-driven, boutique credit card processor Brightr Payments announced today the suspension of all monthly service fees to support its small business partners affected by the financial uncertainty associated with the COVID-19 pandemic. During the fee pause, Brightr Payments will continue its commitment in support of nine charity partners.
“We know that suspending monthly credit card processing fees can really support our small business partners who are being impacted by COVID-19 and the nationwide response to stay home to reduce community spread,” said Doug Mack, founder, and CEO, Brightr Payments. “We urge all financial institutions and merchant service providers to do what they can to support the long-term health of our nation’s small businesses during this complex time. We are all in this together.”
Brightr Payments is waiving monthly credit card processing fees for all current and future clients effective immediately through the end of June, or as long as businesses are closed in response to COVID-19. In addition, the company offers these tips for small businesses to reduce fees with their current provider:
1. Know exactly how much you are currently paying for your credit card processing services, including monthly fees. If you haven't looked at a recent billing statement, now's the time.
2. Call your current credit card processor and share your concerns about the financial impacts of COVID-19 on your small business.
3. Ask what the process is to close your merchant account and if there is a cancellation fee.
4. If there is a cancellation fee, ask if you can put your account on a temporary hold instead, which is sometimes referred to as a seasonal closure.
5. Ask if they could simply waive your monthly fees for 90-days instead of closing the account.
6. If needed, ask for the assistance of a manager or supervisor.
“It’s inspiring to see all of the companies and communities who are coming together to support one another. While entrepreneurs and startup companies may have a smaller overall impact in their response, it’s important for each of us to do our part because every little bit matters,” said Mack.
Brightr Payments launched in 2019 with a mission to ‘make every penny count’ by transforming everyday payment transactions into charitable contributions. Each time a Brightr Payment’s customer uses one of its innovative in-store, mobile or online payment options, 50% of its top-line profit from processing fees is donated to a nonprofit partner. This year’s charity partners include Acadia Center, Hearing Health Foundation, National Immigration Law Center, Pencils of Promise, Polaris Project, Project Sanctuary, Puppies Behind Bars, Trevor Project, and Water.org.