StarBrite Dental Takes Extraordinary Measures to Contain the Covid-19 Pandemic As Well As Protect the Health and Wellbeing of the General Public
Online PR News – 29-March-2020 – Rockville, MD. – The recent spread of severe acute respiratory syndrome Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and its associated coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) has gripped the entire international community and has caused widespread public health concerns. Top rated StarBrite Dental is deeply concerned for the health and well-being of the public and the dental team, thus has taken additional precautions to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Despite global efforts to contain the disease spread, the outbreak is still on a rise owing to the community spread pattern of this infection. Once in the human body, this Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is abundantly present in nasopharyngeal and salivary secretions of affected patients and its spread is predominantly thought to be respiratory droplet/contact in nature.
Dental professionals, including endodontists, may soon encounter patients with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 infection and will have to act diligently not only to provide care but at the same time prevent nosocomial spread of infection. Thus as health officials seek to contain the coronavirus outbreak, unprecedented safety measures have been issued for the publics’ protection. StarBrite Dental wants to reassure everyone that they are also taking extraordinary measures to protect the health and wellbeing of its clients and the general public in large.
“As a healthcare provider, we are held to higher sanitary standards by law. We follow all OSHA requirements including fully sanitizing exam rooms and equipment and wearing protective gear such as medical gloves and masks. Nonetheless, due to the gravity of this situation, we’ve exceeded even those standards by taking these additional precautions” said Dr Maryan Seifi, a Senior Dentist at StarBrite Dental.
These precautions include:
1. Screening Travelers: StarBrite Dental require patients who have traveled in the last two weeks to complete a questionnaire to detect any coronavirus exposure and/or symptoms. They also keep thermometers on hand to check temperatures for additional screening and if there appears to be any risk whatsoever, no matter how remote, they ask the patient to reschedule for a future appointment.
2. Social Distancing: If they are unable to see patients upon their arrival, they will have them wait in their cars until their treatment room is ready. This prevents people from congregating in the waiting area. They also space out appointment times for additional social distancing.
3. Hourly Wipe-Downs: StarBrite Dental disinfects all common areas just about every hour including door handles, counter tops, faucets, sinks, pens, and the coffee machine.
4. Magazine Removal: They’ve removed all magazines and printed matter from the reception area to reduce the chance of exposure.
5. Office Amenities: The StarBrite Dental office features a UV air-purifier, and all staff utilize hand sanitizer.
To further protect the community, StarBrite Dental have prepared a message to alert others to the connection between one’s oral health, immune system and bodily diseases—including viruses—and provide additional preventive tips.
For more information about StarBrite Dental and to read more about COVID-19 protective measures please visit https://www.starbritedentalrockville.com/message-from-your-dentist-about-the-coronavirus