China introduces new industry standard for waterproof and water-vapor permeable clothing
Online PR News – 05-December-2019 – Geneva, Switzerland – On November 1, 2019, the Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology officially implemented a new industry standard for waterproof and water-vapor permeable clothing.
The standard applies to apparel made from woven fabric that have properties that are:
• Water-vapor permeable
It does not, however, apply to clothing aimed at children aged 36 months or less.
The new standard, FZ/T 81023-2019, includes test items for:
• Fibre content
• pH value
• Decomposable carcinogenic aromatic amines
• Perfluorooctane sulfonates (PFOS) and perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA)
• Dimensional change after laundering
• Colorfastness of shell fabric (colorfastness to washing with soap or soap and soda, colorfastness to water, colorfastness to perspiration, colorfastness to rubbing, colorfastness to light, colorfastness to transfer in joints)
• Colorfastness of lining (colorfastness to washing with soap or soap and soda, colorfastness to water, colorfastness to perspiration, colorfastness to rubbing)
• Seam properties (seam strength of trousers back rise, seam slippage)
• Tear strength
• Appearance quality after laundering
• Abrasion resistance
• Functional items (spray rating, hydrostatic pressure rating and water-vapour transmission rate)
Stakeholders should be aware that garments that come under the scope of this standard and which are aimed at children, will also need to comply with GB 31701.
SGS Softlines Services
SGS has a worldwide network of over 40 state-of-the-art laboratories specializing in testing of apparel, footwear and home textiles. Their committed team is drawn from multi-disciplinary backgrounds, allowing them to carry out a comprehensive range of physical, chemical and functional testing services for components, materials and finished products. SGS helps companies ensure quality, performance and compliance with international, industrial and regulatory standards worldwide. Learn more about SGS's Softlines Services. [www.sgs.com/softlines]
For further information contact:
US & Canada Softlines Business Head
Tel: +1 973 461 7919
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 97,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.