SMART Wireless/Inforce announces Inforce 6701 featuring the Snapdragon™ 845 processor; the most powerful and efficient SoM ever built by the company.
Online PR News – 16-October-2019 – Bangalore – SMART Wireless/Inforce, a leading provider of Snapdragon™ embedded computing platforms and solutions, announces Inforce 6701 featuring the powerful Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 845 processor; the most powerful and efficient SoM ever built by the company.
IFC6701 will be a small compute module that integrates Qualcomm®Kryo™ 385 CPU, Adreno™ 630 GPU, Hexagon™ 685 DSP, Spectra™ 280 camera ISP and Qualcomm's 3rd generation AI-Engine. This enables optimized AI performance for a more responsive, power-efficient user-experience and capture of cinema-grade videos in UHD@60fps resolution.
These components, coupled with 2x2 802.11ac Wi-Fi, BT 5.x, a full featured USB-C interface with UHD display capability and high fidelity audio make the IFC6701 SoM a perfect fit for applications that necessitate on-device AI and immersive multimedia experiences. Optional SKUs support extended operating temperature range (-25°C to 85°C) and EMI shielding for better RF noise protection, while also doubling up as a medium for heat spreading and dissipation to further improve performance.
"IFC6701 will allow customers to do more with their devices and will also inspire developers & product manufacturers to introduce new features/experiences in their product(s)," said Jagat Acharya, VP Embedded Solutions, SMART Wireless/Inforce. "We believe that power of Snapdragon 845 coupled with the industry standard embedded modules of SMART Wireless/Inforce would help our clients better meet the needs of this ever changing technologies and demand(s) of the world. In addition, we are committed to support our clients' projects through extra mile services of SMART Wireless/Inforce."
Why Inforce 6701™ SoM?
• Higher performance with Qualcomm Kryo 385 CPU with independent efficiency and power clusters, each designed to optimize for a unique UX
• Hexagon™ 685 DSP and Adreno™ 630 GPU featuring room-scale 6DoF with SLAM, to support on-device AI and Efficient rendering of advanced 3D graphics
• Dual 14-bit Spectra™ 280 ISPs support up to 16MP for simultaneous concurrent cameras
• Qualcomm Content Protection Framework; Secure Boot; Storage and Debug security
• Extended lifecycle; OEM engagement options for BTO and custom variants
• Production-ready with volume-conscious pricing
• Dedicated Technical Support from Inforce TechWeb
Benefits of Inforce 6701™
1. Qualcomm® Kryo™ 385 CPU: Third generation Kryo (SDA845 SoC)
• On-board 4GB DDR4x RAM; 64GB UFS Flash Memory for fast multitasking
• On-board power management through integrated PMIC
• On-board high-fidelity audio codec WCD9340
2. Excellent video and connectivity options
• Complete 4k60 encode/decode system
• Concurrent dual independent displays of UltraHD@60Hz
• Concurrent dual MIPI-CSI cameras for 4k video streaming and capture
• On-board 802.11n/ac MU-MIMO WiFi and BT/LE 5.0
• Multiple Full QUPs for low speed peripherals/GPIOs
• PMIC regulators for large power requirements
3. Improved photos with Qualcomm Spectra™ ISP's smooth zoom, quick autofocus and true-to-life colors
4. Flexibility to run neural network models heterogeneously across various cores - GPU, DSP/HVX and CPU - which is a distinct advantage for customers whose products require machine learning and image processing.
5. Enhanced gaming performance for lifelike visuals and efficient rendering of advanced 3D graphics with reduced DRAM bandwidth from the Adreno GPU.
Custom 64-bit Kryo Octocore ARM® V-8 compliant CPU (SDA845 SoC) @2.8/1.8GHz each
Qualcomm® Adreno™ 630 GPU with support for OpenGL ES 3.2, Vulkan 2 and OpenCL
Qualcomm® Hexagon™ 685 DSP with dual-HVX512 for ultra-low power audio processing
Memory / Storage
4GB LPDDR4 RAM/64GB UFS
SD V3.0 Î¼SD card interface
2x USB 3.1 interfaces off which one is USB-C (USB 3.1/Gen1)
802.11n/ac MU-MIMO WiFi and BT/LE 5.x via WCN3990
GPS/GLONASS via SDR845
1x 1-lane PCIe Gen 2 and 1x 1-lane PCIe Gen 3
DP Alternate Mode on USB-C for 4K-DCI@24fps display
Concurrent 4K60 10b encode + 4K60 10b decode
Dual 4-lane MIPI-CSI lines for HEVC capture @4K60
Android 9 BSP pre-loaded wth Hexagon/SNPE/OpenCV SDKs enabled
Debian Linux BSP
Carrier Board For Inforce 67X1 SoM
• ACC1C20 - A small but complete carrier that brings out all native interfaces of the SDA845 processor including USB-C to help create and optimize your products with the shortest turnaround time.
• Power: +3.8V/6A Input
• Operating Temp: -25â° Celsius to +85â° Celsius
• Relative Humidity: 5 to 95% non-condensing
• RoHS and WEE compliant
Used case scenarios
Advanced imaging for Medical instruments, Drones & consumer devices
Snapdragon 845 enhances the camera experience through its integrated second-generation new architecture based Qualcomm Spectra 280 image signal processor (ISP). It supports immersive, new age mobile photography and video. It also captures the depth of 3D images for new XR experiences.
Qualcomm Spectra 280 ISP delivers a 64 times increase in pixel quality because of 10-bit color and also captures video at 30 percent lower power consumption. Compared to previous generation, it doubles the color quality aspect and hence encodes for sharper and clear life-like images. This big leap in imaging would definitely help the medical instrumentation/telemedicine, drones, conferencing and consumer devices industries to build the devices of the future.
Impenetrable security for BFSI, IIoT & Authentication verticals-
The new Secure Processing Unit (SPU) guards valuable data and credentials that are stored on the devices. It has a dedicated CPU, RAM and crypto-engines. It efficiently encrypts and decrypts packets of information in a secured environment.
Device manufacturers could incorporate the secure chips in SIMs or banking cards into the SPU. The number of components reduces and hence the size of the device will also be, while maintaining the requirements of security-critical applications.
The vault like environment around the digital assets & data will help the BFSI, IoT and authentication verticals raise the bar on security.
Highly efficient and powerful Snapdragon 845 SoC
The Snapdragon 845 SoC is engineered with the functionality and features that will allow users to do more with their devices. Snapdragon 845 packs immersive XR experiences, an intelligent personal assistant and advanced vault-like security.
Adreno 630 visual processing system of Snapdragon 845 took the 3D games experience, 4K HDR videos, and mobile XR experience to next level. Compared to the previous generation, this GPU features a 30 percent decrease in power consumption and 30 percent increase in computing power & graphics, along with a 2.5 times greater display throughput. It also achieves 120 frames per second at 2k x 2k resolutions per eye, further boosting application performance for XR devices.
• Qualcomm Spectra 280 ISP, a premium camera and XR experience, with high-performance capture of up to 16 MP at 60 images per second. Snapdragon 845 is also the first SoC that supports Ultra HD premium. It captures comparatively much wider array of colors through the camera.
• Deliver larger-than-life immersive experiences with the Qualcomm® Adreno™ 630 Visual Processing Subsystem.
• 3rd Generation Qualcomm® Hexagon™ 685 DSP supports sophisticated, on-device AI processing
• Qualcomm Secure Processing Unit (SPU) - An entirely new Qualcomm® Secure Processing Unit. (SPU) that is engineered to help protect personal data with vault-like security.
• Qualcomm® Kryo™ 385 CPU: Manufactured in 10nm LPP, optimized across 4 performances and 4 efficiency cores & is energy-efficient.
IFC6701 is a powerful and efficient form factor intended for connected cameras & on-device AI solutions, wearables, portable healthcare and IoT products that require high computing power. Android Pie and Debian upstream Linux will be available out of the box with support and periodic releases based on Android updates will be provided by SMART Wireless/Inforce.
Inforce 6701 is available to order on the Inforce store online for $285 USD which includes the Snapdragon 845 based system on module running Android Pie with drivers for all available interfaces, and access to dedicated support through the Inforce TechWeb.
Volume pricing is also available. For more information, call SMART Wireless/Inforce Sales at +1 510 624 8010 or mail at email@example.com.
About SMART Wireless/Inforce
SMART Wireless/Inforce is at the bleeding edge of modern embedded computing design and a leading developer of high-performance production-ready ARM® ISA based hardware platforms for real life applications. Enhanced by key partnership with Qualcomm® Inc., SMART Wireless/Inforce designs and manufactures Snapdragon™ processor-based ingenious system-on-modules (SOMs), single board computers (SBCs), and development kits. SMART Wireless/Inforce's hardware platforms come in eco-aware, low-profile and tiny footprints, and are available off-the-shelf to serve growing markets enabled by the next generation of connected devices. With these miniature platforms, SMART Wireless/Inforce's OEM customers design cutting-edge devices for applications in sophisticated medical imaging, videoconferencing/collaboration, AR/VR based hands-free computing, industrial internet-of-everything, commercial drones and robotics. Together with our silicon, software and system partners, SMART Wireless/Inforce® is pioneering products with an optimized delivery model for emerging markets.
Visit https://www.inforcecomputing.com/ to see how SMART Wireless/Inforce is helping Organizations with innovative and advance embedded solutions. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (+1) 510 624 8010.
Qualcomm (Snapdragon 845) and Inforce 6701 are trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated and SMART Wireless/Inforce respectively, registered in the United States and other countries.
Qualcomm, Snapdragon, Adreno, and Hexagon are trademarks of Qualcomm Incorporated, registered in the United States and other countries. Qualcomm Snapdragon, Qualcomm Adreno, and Qualcomm Hexagon are products of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. Other product and brand names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.