Canada immigration proven itself as most popular among international immigrants. 3 Canadian cities have been voted amongst top 10 most liveable cities for 2019
Online PR News – 25-September-2019 – Hyderabad and Telangana – Canadian cities have once again proven their mettle as the best destination for immigrants, as three of the cities have been ranked among the top 10 on the Global Liveability Index. The index was formulated to include cities that are the most liveable based on factors such as stability, culture, healthcare, infrastructure, and education. The Canadian cities selected are Calgary, which was voted as the fifth most liveable city in the world, while the cities of Vancouver and Toronto came in at the same position as last year. A total of 140 cities across the world were reviewed and given a liveability score which was based on both qualitative and quantitative factors. The factors that were considered were.
1. Stability: This category looked at the incidence of crime, likelihood of political unrest, or terror attacks to the residents of the cities.
2. Healthcare: This category looked at the quality and availability of public as well as private health care options at affordable costs to the residents of the cities.
3. Culture and Environment: This category focused on the overall climate and culture of the cities to take a view on the ease with which international immigrants could ease into the culture.
4. Education: This category focussed on the quality of private and public education at affordable cost.
5. Infrastructure: The infrastructure category considered the housing, roadways, railways and other infrastructure components of the cities.
The cities were given a rating ranging from 1 to 100 for each category. A score of 1 indicated that conditions were abysmal where as a score of 100 would indicate that conditions were perfect.
Canada Immigration - Calgary, Vancouver and Toronto Score High On Liability Index
The overall liveability score for the Canadian city of Calgary was 97.5. The city managed to get by perfect scores of 100 in four out of the five categories considered. The only category in which it came up short was the Culture and Environment score, which was 90. Vancouver was the sole city in the top 10 list that managed to receive a perfect score of 100 in the Culture and Environment category. Vancouver also managed to score a perfect 100 in the categories of education and Healthcare. It however, scored less than perfectly on the Infrastructure and Stability categories, in which it scored 92.9 and 95, respectively.
The city of Toronto shored up a perfect score of 100 in the categories of Stability, Education, and Healthcare. However its extremely poor showing in the category of Infrastructure, where it scored just 89.3 pushed it to the bottom of the top 10 liveable cities in the world. The city managed to get a score of 97.2 in the Culture and Environment category.