WIFA Skillanation and Patkar-Varde College have introduced dual-certification Programs for students wishing to pursue BMS, Masters and PG in Sports Management.
Online PR News – 23-May-2019 – Mumbai MH, – WIFA Skillanation and Patkar-Varde College, Best College of the University of Mumbai 2017, have introduced a new set of dual-certification Programs from this academic year onwards for students wishing to pursue:
• 3 year Bachelors in Management Studies - Sports Management
• 2 year Masters in Sports Management
• 1 year Post Graduate Diploma in Sports Management.
In these Programs, students will earn their Bachelors and Masters Degree from the University of Mumbai and their Diploma from WIFA Skillanation.
Mr. Souter Vaz, Secretary of WIFA said "The relevance of a Dual Certification for students is to make themselves more marketable to prospective employers and it also signifies that students with such additional certification are highly motivated, ambitious and committed to continuing professional education."
Dr. Mala Kharkar, CEO of Chikitsak Samuha which runs Patkar-Varde College added, "The certification of the students by the Industry as well as the University endorses their sports industry exposure throughout their academic learning period and helps them build their network of contacts and gain valuable experience working on live sports events such as IPL and ISL amongst many others".
Mr. Henry Menezes, CEO of WIFA added "What makes this Program extremely beneficial for students is the combined powerful platform that these institutions - Patkar-Varde College/WIFA/Skillanation together provide:
• Patkar-Varde College was awarded Best College of the University of Mumbai in 2017 and has a NAAC rating of A+. It is also ISO certified and has a DBT Star Rating.
• WIFA is the most valued and respected Sports Association in Maharashtra and has global recognition and relationships due to its affiliation with AIFF.
• Skillanation is India's premier Skills Education Platform in Sport-specific disciplines and has strong industry relationships with Cricket, Football, Tennis, Golf and other sports brands such as International Cricket Council, Indian Premier League, Indian Super League, Pro-Wrestling League, Indian Kabaddi League, Hexvel, Catapult and Hudl."
"Certification from such eminent institutions signify and validate that the holders have the education, expertise, skills and practical training to successfully manage a wide array of sport management aspects" said Dr. Gurunath Pandit, Jt. Secretary of Chikitsak Samuha.
The Programs have been designed to offer a theoretical as well as a practical approach and have been designed keeping in mind the mantra - Sports are best learned on the field and not in classrooms. While the curriculum includes learning in a classroom, the majority of the learning will take place on an actual field.
Students will also be given hands-on experience by working with actual sports team and events. Internships will include working on all major sports events in the country. The Programs intend to provide a holistic approach towards learningSports Management concepts by actually providing hands-on and practical experience to students that give them a better understanding of all the nitty-gritty elements that make up this fast growing industry of Sports!
Information on the program and details of the Admission eligibility criteria and process is available on 8454833377.