The Q800 PRO is Thinkware's latest dash cam, featuring a Quad High Definition (QHD) forward facing camera that offers four times more detail than standard HD.
Online PR News – 11-May-2019 – United States, May 12, 2019 – United States, May 12, 2019 - Thinkware, a world-leading dash cam company, announced today the launch of its Q800 PRO dash cam in the US, featuring Quad HD resolution and advanced IoT capabilities with Thinkware Cloud. The Q800 PRO is the company's most feature-rich dash cam to date, the next generation of the company's high-end F800 model.
The Q800 PRO gives drivers a crystal-clear view of the road and comes equipped with the following features:
• Quad High Definition (QHD) forward facing camera - four times more detailed than High Definition (HD)
• A 140-degree wide angle recording view
• Full High Definition (FHD) rear camera, for high visibility behind the vehicle
• CLOUD connectivity including live view, geo fencing, locate vehicle location, driving impact notification and video upload
• Super Night Vision 2.0 -Optimized for cars while driving or parked in dark environments, featuring a new image signal processing (ISP) technology and a real-time video processing function.
• Advanced Wide Dynamic Range (WDR) technology
• Extended range covers a greater span between bright and the dark areas while driving
Equipped with Thinkware Cloud, when the Q800 PRO connects to the smartphone via WiFi hotspots, it connects drivers to their vehicles through an app offering a variety of helpful features including:
• Live View - Vehicle status can be monitored real-time with the smartphone while driving.
• Geo Fencing - Users can set geographical zones, allowing for notifications when the vehicle drives in and out of the pre-selected boundaries.
• Locate Vehicle - Users can always know where their vehicle is located, with status updates of the vehicles current location every 10 seconds.
• Driving Impact Notification - Provides vehicle impact notifications and the ability to remotely check 20 seconds of video of incidents via the cloud.
Thinkware's most connected dash cam yet, the Q800 PRO addresses the demands of US consumers, who are expressing increased interest in dash cams with IoT and cloud technology.
"Dash cams have evolved to the point where they are not just recording devices, but now informing devices," stated Brian Yang, Thinkware's Director of North American Business Development. "The Q800 PRO was thoughtfully designed for how today's drivers interact with their vehicles and the road, offering the latest cloud technology and advanced features that help keep them safe, connected and informed."
In addition, Q800 PRO also offers features such as:
• Energy Saving Parking Recording
• Time Lapse Photography
• Safety Camera Alert
• Hot Spot Connection - Includes built-in Wi-Fi and built-in GPS
• Road Safety Warnings System - Includes Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS), Front Collision Warning System (FCWS), Urban Front Collision Warning System (uFCWS), and Front Vehicle Departure Warning (FVDW)
As the highest selling dash cam brand in the competitive Korean market, Thinkware's award-winning products are available in both the US and Europe. The Q800 PRO, which is priced at $299.99 (1 Channel) is available at Best Buy from May 12th (Optional rearview camera is sold separately at $99.99). Each Q800 PRO comes standard with a 32 GB MicroSD card.
For more information, visit the Thinkware website at www.thinkware.com.
Global IT Corporation Thinkware was founded in Korea in 1997 and is celebrating its 22nd anniversary this year. Through consistent research and development in the field of smart car technologies, Thinkware has established itself as the market leader in various sectors such as dash cam, electronic maps, navigation, mobile applications, and tablet PCs.
Spearheading the competition with world-class image processing technologies and intuitive user-friendly interface, Thinkware has debuted their DASH CAM lines into the US market in April 2014. Thinkware has confirmed the export of their DASH CAM lines to 20 other countries including the UK, Singapore, and Japan.
Thinkware continues to astound the industry with its world-class DASH CAM lines during their presence at global exhibitions like CES, SEMA, and The Gadget Show Live. For CES 2017, the world's largest consumer electronics show, Thinkware won with the Innovation Award for its excellence in technology and design. The company has also received the IF Design Award (2017), IDEA Award Finalist (2017) and the Red Dot Design