EU published ATP-13 to CLP Regulation on October 5, 2018. The update contains a number of important changes. Comes into effect beginning December 1, 2019.
Online PR News – 29-October-2018 – Geneva, Switzerland – The European Union (EU) has updated Regulation (EC) 1272/2008 on Classification, Labelling and Packaging of Substances and Mixtures (CLP Regulation). This is the thirteenth adaption to technical and scientific progress (ATP-13) and it contains several changes to the list of chemicals covered in Annex VI.
The changes to Table 3.1 in Annex VI under Part 3 include:
1. Addition of 16 new entries, including 2-methylisothiazol-3(2H)-one (MI, CAS 2682-20-4) under index number 613-326-00-9
2. Deletion of entry for tris(2-ethylhexyl)-4,4',4''-(1,3,5-triazine-2,4,6-triyltriimino) tribenzoate (CAS 88122-99-0) under index number 607-414-00-6
3. 18 entries replaced due to new scientific data, including the entry for 3:1 mixture of 5-chloro-2-methyl-2H-isothiazol-3-one and 2-methyl-2H-isothiazol-3-one (3:1 mixture of CI and MI, CAS 55965-84-9) under index number 613-167-00-5
4. 'International Chemical Identification' is replaced with 'Chemical Name' in column 2
5. 'Specific Conc. Limits, M-factors' replaced with 'Specific Conc. Limits, M-Factors and ATEs' - Acute Toxicity Estimates (ATEs) for oral and dermal exposures are in mg/kg bw (milligram per kilogram bodyweight)
The changes were published on October 5, 2018, as Regulation (EU) 2018/1480. In addition to the above changes it also corrects Regulation (EU) 2017/776 (ATP-10), clarifying that the renaming of 'Table 3.1' to 'Table 3' should have applied from June 1, 2017.
The amendment has two effective dates (relating to list above):
• December 1, 2019 - Point 4 (change to 'Chemical Name')
• May 1, 2020 - other points
SGS CLP Services
Throughout our global network of laboratories, we are able to provide a range of services, including analytical testing and consultancy for restricted substances, safety data sheets (SDSs), as well as chemical safety assessments (CSAs) for the EU and international markets. Our environmental product safety services can assist with aspect of the EU classification, labeling and packaging (CLP) regulation. Learn more about SGS's CLP Services: [www.sgs.com/en/consumer-goods-retail/quality-health-safety-and-environment/product-safety/emergency-response-services-clp]
For further information contact:
Global Information and Innovation Manager
Tel:(+852) 2774 7420
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.