Gresham Ford has been awarded a 2018 Top Workplaces honor by The Oregonian.
Online PR News – 02-October-2018 – Gresham, OR – Gresham, Oregon October 1, 2018 - Gresham Ford has been awarded a 2018 Top Workplaces honor by The Oregonian. The list is based solely on employee feedback gathered through a third-party survey administered by research partner Energage, a leading provider of technology-based employee engagement tools. The anonymous survey measures several aspects of workplace culture, including alignment, execution, and connection, just to name a few.
"Top Workplaces is more than just recognition," said Doug Claffey, CEO of Energage. "Our research shows organizations that earn the award attract better talent, experience lower turnover, and are better equipped to deliver bottom-line results. Their leaders prioritize and carefully craft a healthy workplace culture that supports employee engagement."
"Henry Ford set solid goals when he said, 'Coming Together is a beginning; staying together is progress; working together is success.'" Bess Wills, General Manager of Gresham Ford. "We have strived to provide the kind of workplace environment that our staff can thrive and grow. The average auto industry has an online reputation score of 550 out of 1000, we hold steady at 840. We attribute our impressive customer satisfaction feedback to our happy, healthy, community minded staff." Many employees have chosen to participate in the company's very own Contribute to the Community program, that gives back to the local community with a three-pronged approach. First Gresham Ford will donate 10% of your parts and/or service invoice up to $100 to your favorite church, charity or non-profit. Second, the dealership will donate $100 when you purchase any new or used vehicle. Thirdly, many Gresham Ford employees donate from their own paychecks to a fund that helps local non-profits achieve their goals. $11,960.87 was donated to 156 local charities in 2017 thru the Contribute to the Community Tithe Program. "We have found that providing the opportunity of upcoming volunteer opportunities is all it takes to get our staff involved," said Amy Tipsord, Community Outreach Manager. Whether it's helping to develop Tsuru Island at Main City Park or driving dignitaries in the Teddy Bear Parade, Gresham Ford employees are there to step up and lend a hand.
"Becoming a Top Workplace isn't something organizations can buy," Claffey said. "It's an achievement organizations have worked to achieve and a distinction that gives them a competitive advantage. It's a big deal."
About Gresham Ford
Bess had the vision from her first involvement at Gresham Ford in 2003, that she wanted to give back to the community. Using the dealership as a vehicle to make the Gresham Community a better place has become her passion over the years.
Gresham Ford is blessed to have the support of its customers and staff enabling the continuation of support throughout the year and for so many causes.
Gresham Ford's other achievements include but are not limited to:
• Seven time winner including 2017 Gresham Outlook Readers Choice Award (Best Auto Repair Shop, Best Place to Buy a Car/Truck, Best Sales Professional (Sam Rich) and Best Mechanic (Andy Brown)
• 2017 Oregon Rotary Ethics in Business Award
• Three time Ford Motor Company President's Award Winner - This award - which was created in 1998 - recognizes dealers for excellence in providing outstanding customer service and satisfaction. Eligibility is determined via customer survey responses regarding their sales and service satisfaction. Gresham Ford has earned the award 3 times. Only two are given for the entire state of Oregon.
• Nominated five times for the Ford Salute to Dealers Award, which recognizes dealerships that go above and beyond to support the communities they serve.
• 2017 Ford Motor Company Employee Excellence Award Recipients. This is the highest honor from Ford Motor Company in recognition to the front-line staff. Recipients of this award represent the best of the best from across the nation in the Ford and Lincoln Dealer Network and have scored the highest in the area of Sales, Customer Satisfaction and Training. This year Mike Amato-Parts Manager, Cher Marlowe-Service Manager, Ryan Johnson-Service Advisor, Van Austin-Sales Professional, Sam Rich-Sales Professional and Greg Latoza-Finance Manager are all being recognized for their outstanding customer service.
About Energage, LLC
Headquartered in Exton, Pa., Energage (formerly known as WorkplaceDynamics) is a leading provider of technology-based employee engagement tools that help leaders to unlock potential, inspire performance, and achieve amazing results within their organizations. The research partner behind the Top Workplaces program, Energage has surveyed more than 47,000 organizations representing well over 16 million employees in the United States.