It's only a matter of time until we all head indoors. That's why this month is a perfect time to host a company or corporate event outside.
Online PR News – 21-August-2018 – Addison, IL – Time is running out for corporate and company functions to be held outside. Catering with Elegance offers these tips to help prepare for a successful event.
Have something to celebrate
Every company gathering, party, or event should have a focus, which helps guide the choices for menu, entertainment, guest list, and dÃ©cor. Think about these ideas:
• Host a company picnic onsite
• Recognize a company anniversary or milestone with a BBQ cookout
• Honor customers with an appreciation party
• Hold a reception for staff, vendors, partners, or other VIPs in house
• Serve Sandwiches?or bring in hot lunch for an outdoor team-building event
• Toast retiring employees or departing staff with an outdoor boxed lunch picnic
Whatever the reasons to celebrate, from small company parties to large corporate celebrations, we can help plan for—and treat—your guests, by Catering with Elegance.
Know the expected headcount
Knowing how many people are planned to be invited and how many can be comfortably accommodated are the two key parameters to managing the guest list for a successful company or corporate event. Think about:
• Are employees' families invited? Will there be children?
• Will people be seated while eating?
• If so, how—on picnic blankets, at long or round tables, or in casual seating on the company grounds or a public space?
• What restrooms will the guests have access to? How many?
• What—if any—entertainment will be incorporated?
Eating, seating, and guest comfort considerations help to determine the capacity to host a successful and well-orchestrated event.
As to invited guests, the rule of thumb is that 15-20% of the list will decline the invitation. If inviting a lot of people from out of town, that number could be higher—30 to 40%. To maximize the number of RSVPs, send invitations out early as well as give guests an easy way to respond. Online invitations, such as Evite or Paperless Post, make RSVPs easy—and simplify keeping track of the expected headcount.
Plan the menu
Now comes the fun part. With the reason for the celebration set, and the guidelines on headcount and RSVPs clear, it's time to think about what to serve. Hot breakfast? BBQ party? Sandwiches? Mexican food? Italian catering?
That's where we come in. We can help you customize a menu of mouthwatering delights that will delight every guest. With a tradition of excellence that stretches back over 60 years, we know how to select, personalize, and prepare mouthwatering fare.
Whether looking for upscale and formal or want to make a pig roast the star of the show, we've got the experience and skill to help. With our expertise in preparing, transporting, and serving, our off-site catering options help to make any event go smoothly, so you can enjoy your role as host or hostess.
Since 1959, Catering with Elegance has combined beautiful venues, mouthwatering food, and top-notch service to transform events into treasured memories. We offer full-service catering and event management at two beautiful west suburban locations as well as off-site service for weddings, celebrations, and corporate events.