The UK fleet insurance company, Cover 4 Fleet Insurance, continue to raise safety awareness, by launching a simple safety checklist as part of their H.A.D. (Heightened Awareness Driving) Campaign.
Online PR News – 27-February-2011 – – London, UK ( onlineprnews ) February 23, 2011 - The UK fleet insurance ( http://www.cover4fleetinsurance.co.uk ) company, Cover 4 Fleet Insurance, continue to raise safety awareness, by launching a simple safety checklist as part of their H.A.D. (Heightened Awareness Driving) Campaign.
Having a simple safety checklist will help you increase safety on the road and to reduce the possibility of your car breaking down. This is why it is important that drivers conduct regular checks on the vehicle to ensure that it stays roadworthy. Here is a fleet safety checklist as part of the Cover 4 Fleet Insurance, H.A.D. (Heightened Awareness Driving) campaign.
1. Tyres - It is important to closely monitor tyre tread condition and depth of vehicle tyres. This can be measured with a depth gauge with the legal measurement requirement being 1.6mm. Look at the tyres closely to ensure that there are no bulges, cracks, or excessive wear, which means traction may be lost on the tyres that may be potentially dangerous. Tyres get worn out faster and end up consuming more fuel when the pressure of the tyres is low. To prevent this, always check that the tyres are inflated to the right pressure as stated in the manual of the vehicle.
2. Lights - Before driving out on a journey, the lights in the vehicle should also be checked, especially when driving at night. This is not only for the safety of the driver, but also for the safety of others in the vehicle and pedestrians on the road. The steps that should be taken is to first check if the lights are clean, then turn the ignition on before switching the lights in the vehicle. When on, get off the car and walk around it to ensure that all the lights are working just fine.
3. Oil - When checking the vehicle's oil, do it with a cool engine. If the ignition was just switched off, wait about 15 minutes to allow the engine to cool down. Once the engine has cooled down, check the oil by lifting the hood and removing the dipstick. Wipe the dipstick and insert it back in before lifting it another time to see how much oil is still left in the car. If you aren't sure how to do this, ask help from someone who knows how.
4. Brakes - The possibility of an accident increases when the brakes are worn out. So before taking a trip, test the brakes of your car by driving short distances around your home while using the brakes to check its condition.
5. Coolant - It is also important that the engine of the vehicle is kept cool so that it doesn't overheat. To do this, frequent checks need to be done to ensure that the engine coolant is at the needed level. During wintertime, it is recommended to add anti-freeze to prevent water expanding.
6. Fluids - Ensuring that the vehicle has sufficient amounts of washer fluid is also a must. This way in case the windshield gets dirty; accidents can be avoided. Simply lift up the hood of the car and fill the tank with washer fluid.
About Cover 4 Fleet Insurance
Since Cover4Fleet has been providing insurance cover for their valued customers for over six decades and they have built excellent relationships with important insurers. They are very good at negotiating good rates for fleet insurance and can get beneficial insurance packages for any fleet needs.
With friendly service and expert advice, Cover4Fleet Insurance is very competitive when it comes to motor fleet insurance. They have a dedicated team who will work on your behalf to find the best balance between the right cover and a low cost fleet insurance ( http://www.cover4fleetinsurance.co.uk ) policy.