Ohio Transmission & Pump (OTP) initiated multiple cost savings projects during its Technical Product Fair at an automotive manufacturing plant near Indianapolis Indiana.
Online PR News – 09-November-2009 – – Indianapolis IN - Ohio Transmission & Pump (OTP Indianapolis) hosted six industrial vendors during its Technical Product Fair at an automotive manufacturing plant near Indianapolis, Indiana. Emerson Power Transmission, NSK precision bearings, SMAC actuators, SMC Pneumatics, Sumitomo Drive Products and US Tsubaki chain displayed their latest technology products and discussed cost savings applications with over 60 maintenance and engineering associates at the automotive plant.
“The Technical Product Fair started at 8:00am and ended at 12:30pm,” said Dan Rose, Vice President of Sales. “Bringing our product experts to the customer site and extending the fair through lunchtime made it convenient for many customer associates to capitalize on this opportunity.”
During the course of the day, the maintenance and engineering associates focused their discussion with the OTP and vendor technical associates on identifying projects to improve operations and save money. Here is a sampling of the cost saving projects initiated during the Technical Product Fair:
• Conveyor Bearing Upgrade – improve the bearing life on inspection conveyors in the stamping plant.
• Regulator Performance – solve a problem regulator application in the body department that is creating false readings in a monitoring process downstream.
• Gearbox Survey – investigate an overheating gearbox in a stamping application and schedule gearbox surveys to fully document the gearbox applications.
• New Conveyor Application – work with the body department engineers to specify and install a new conveyor application.
• Caster Tread Life – work with materials engineering to investigate alternative caster tread materials to improve mean time between failure (MTBF).
• Hydraulic quick disconnects – investigate interchanges for quick disconnect couplings in an engine testing application to improve availability and lower cost.
“These cost savings projects are what I expect from our experienced technical experts. We work to select and apply products to improve the customer process and save them money,” Rose continued.
In addition to events such as the Technical Product Fair, OTP supports its customers via the unique “Ask the OTP Experts” on-line industrial product technical product support. This feature enables the user to easily find technical information about industrial products from more than 60 manufacturers, and to quickly obtain specific answers to their application and product questions. “Ask the OTP Experts” enables maintenance, purchasing and engineering associates to easily connect with technical OTP experts in fluid power, pumps, mechanical power transmission, bearings and electrical products. Browning belts, McGill cam followers, Nitto Kohki quick disconnects, Sealmaster Bearings, NSK linear motion, pump repair, SMC pneumatics, Flowserve Pump, and Gusher Pump are some of the broad products supported by “Ask the OTP Experts.”
About OTP Indianapolis:
For almost five decades, OTP indianapolis has merged the technical knowledge of its associates with a broad lineup of the industry’s best manufacturers of industrial fluid power, pump, mechanical power transmission and electrical products. OTP Indianapolis maintains significant power transmission inventory and is OTP’s largest pump repair facility in Indiana.
OTP operates additional locations with local inventory and technical support in Fort Wayne Indiana, Columbus Ohio, Cleveland Ohio, Middletown Ohio, Terre Haute Indiana, Louisville Kentucky, Charleston West Virginia, and San Antonio Texas.