Silicon Laboratories Inc. (NASDAQ: SLAB), a leader in
high-performance, analog-intensive, mixed-signal ICs, will highlight its latest semiconductor innovations at Embedded World 2011 in Nuremburg, Germany, Mar. 1-3 at Stand 12-136.
Online PR News – 25-February-2011 – – AUSTIN, Texas – Jan. 19, 2011 – Addressing the embedded market demand for smart interface and connectivity solutions, Silicon Laboratories Inc. (NASDAQ: SLAB), a leader in high-performance, analog-intensive, mixed-signal ICs, will highlight its latest semiconductor innovations at Embedded World 2011 in Nuremburg, Germany, Mar. 1-3 at Stand 12-136. Silicon Labs will demonstrate embedded mixed-signal IC products, development tools and reference designs designed to streamline the development of touchless human interface, home automation, wireless security, remote keyless entry and energy harvesting applications.
Silicon Labs will offer an array of hands-on demonstrations of its mixed-signal solutions:
• Discover the ease-of-use and versatility of Silicon Labs’ plug-and-play “HID-USB-to-IR” human interface reference design, which demonstrates advanced multi-dimensional touchless control through simple, pre-defined gestures, supported infrared proximity sensors and HID-USB connectivity.
• Simplify your human interface applications with Silicon Labs’ developer-friendly QuickSense Studio. Leverage this easy-to-use yet powerful development environment to create buttons, sliders and other HI elements for advanced touch-sense and touchless human interfaces.
• Connect with the future of scalable, small-footprint wireless mesh networks based on Silicon Labs’ Si10xx wireless MCUs providing an ultra-low-power solution for smart metering, building automation, home security, commercial lighting control, asset tracking systems and other wireless networking applications. See how easy it is to add Wireless M-BUS or KNX to your smart metering and automation solutions.
• Learn how to add USB and HID-USB support to your next application or upgrade legacy serial applications with USB connectivity – without the cost and complexity of driver installation or software development.
• See the industry’s easiest-to-implement wireless remote control solution, the Si4010 RF transmitter SoC, providing a highly integrated, cost-effective solution for remote keyless entry (RKE) and remote controls for home automation and wireless security systems.
• Design next-generation energy-harvesting applications with Silicon Labs’ wireless MCUs, ultra-low-power MCUs, and sub-GHz ISM band transmitters, receivers and transceivers. Using thin-film battery technology, our reference design simplifies the development of energy-harvesting systems that tap into solar, thermal, piezo and RF energy sources.
To learn more about Silicon Labs’ ultra-low-power MCU, human interface, wireless and USB connectivity products and technologies, visit (respectively) www.silabs.com/pr/lowpower,
www.silabs.com/pr/quicksense, www.silabs.com/pr/wireless and www.silabs.com/pr/usbbridge.
Silicon Laboratories Inc.
Silicon Laboratories is an industry leader in the innovation of high-performance, analog-intensive, mixed-signal ICs. Developed by a world-class engineering team with unsurpassed expertise in mixed-signal design, Silicon Labs’ diverse portfolio of patented semiconductor solutions offers customers significant advantages in performance, size and power consumption. For more information about Silicon Labs, please visit www.silabs.com.