Email tracking is the service that automatically notifies the sender that an email message has been opened by the recipient.
Online PR News – 28-April-2009 – – --
* What is email tracking?
Email tracking is the service that automatically notifies the sender that an email message has been opened by the recipient. In general when sender sends the mail from the email client, s/he can request 'Read Receipt' from the recipient, but the recipient has to oblige that request. On the other hand, email trackers do not rely on the recipient's cooperation and automatically send a response.
* For what purpose the email tracking can be used?
It can be used if sender wants to...
1. Confirm that the email has been read by the recipient (if recipient is a group, this tool can 'not' recognize the 'individual' person who has opened the email).
2. Know number of times the email has been opened.
3. Know the date and time when the email was opened.
4. Know the ip address from where the email has been opened.
* How can I send traceable email?
Not every email is traceable; to make an email traceable you should send it through a proper email tracking system. ePageCollection.com provides you an online tool for the same.
* More information?