Most Affordable High Availability Storage with Active-Active Clustering,
Automated Failover and Failback
Online PR News – 30-October-2009 – – Burlington, Mass. – StarWind 5.0 iSCSI SAN software that turns any industry-standard x86 or x64 Windows Server into active-active high availability (HA) networked storage will be introduced to Asia at TechDays 2009 Hong Kong, November 2-4, 2009. StarWind 5.0 redefines high availability storage by making active-active storage clustering with automatic failover and failback affordable to small and midsize companies. StarWind 5.0 also has an entirely redesigned, easy-to-use graphical user interface allowing IT professionals to manage all storage from a centralized console built on the same tree structure used in VMware vSphere and Microsoft Windows Server applications. At the TechDays 2009 conference in Hong Kong, StarWind will be introduced by Pacific Professional Network (PPN) at Level 2 Booth S7.
Key features of StarWind 5.0 include:
• Active-Active High Availability / Synchronous Data Mirroring with Automatic Failover: In the event storage fails, a second storage device continues operating without any interruption.
• Failback with Advanced Fast Synchronization Technology: allows to rapid return the primary storage node to normal operation after a recovery from a failure.
• Asynchronous / Remote Replication across a WAN: data is stored safely in a remote location.
• Support for Windows Server 2008 and R2, Hyper-V, VMware ESX and vSphere 4.0: also server clustering with other applications.
• Redesigned Graphical User Interface (GUI) - allows storage to be administered from a central management console with a simple point-and-click interface.
About StarWind Software Inc.
StarWind Software is an award-winning, recognized global leader in Storage Virtualization and iSCSI storage since 2003. StarWind's flagship product is a storage virtualization software that turns any industry-standard Windows Server into a high availability SAN and is designed for use with server clusters for server applications such as VMware, Hyper-V, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint Server and others. The enterprise-class features include Synchronous Data Mirroring with Active-Active Automated Failover and Failback, Remote Replication across a WAN, CDP and Snapshots, Thin Provisioning and Virtual Tape Library (VTL). Since 2003, StarWind has pioneered the IP SAN industry and has been the solution of choice for over 30,000 global users in over 100 countries, from small and midsize companies, to governments, and Fortune 1000 companies. For additional information regarding StarWind Software, please visit http://www.StarWindSoftware.com.
StarWind Software and the StarWind logos are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of StarWind Software Inc. or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. Other names are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of their respective owners.