Grafcomm has put together a list of their top ten resources for a chic, yet cheap wedding for the modern bride who wants to spend wisely for her upcoming wedding, but doesn't want to settle.
Online PR News – 24-January-2011 – – Grafcomm has put together a list of their top ten resources for a chic, yet cheap wedding for the modern bride who wants to spend wisely for her upcoming wedding, but doesn't want to settle. She might be scaling back her budget, but she doesn't want to scale back expectations.
1. Skip the traditional bridal gown, and consider buying a bridesmaid’s or other formal dress in ivory or silver. Visit anntaylor.com for elegant full length silk dresses from $295.
2. Make wedding invitations yourself using your computer; look for high quality papers and embellishments and avoid the perforated, flimsy sets. Go to http://www.formal-invitations.com for premium do-it-yourself wedding invitations around $1 each. For further savings, skip the second envelope and use reply postcards or an online rsvp service.
3. Simple yet impressive wedding favors can be made from wrapped ring boxes with bows ($20 for 48) from jewelrysupply.com, filled with miniature wrapped mints, soaps or seeds.
4. Order a small wedding cake decorated with fresh organic flowers for display, and serve guests from a sheet cake.
5. Contact local universities for qualified and inexpensive musicians and photographers. Emphasize the need for photojournalists or portrait specialists, and professors will be able to refer their best students.
6. Consider having the wedding party members carry one dramatic stemmed flower, and use bud vases to hold them as part of a stylish head table decoration. Repeat this understated theme on guest tables and avoid expensive fussy arrangements. Try fiftyflowers.com for fragrant purple freesias ...just $149 for 80-100 stems.
7. Hold the ceremony and reception at the same site to save on flowers, decorations, site fees and transportation.
8. Instead of an open bar, serve beer, wine and one signature drink, check out recipes from brides.com.
9. For the reception, consider a brunch, high tea, or late afternoon jazz reception, held during off-peak hours.
10. Silver shoes are great for the wedding and definitely wearable for other events, these gorgeous Badgley Mischka shoes for $60 (normally $200) were found at 6pm.com, also checkout their accessory department for jewelry and bridesmaids gifts.