A press release is most successful when it gets your news in front of your target audience. And what’s the latest tool that PR professionals are loving for reaching and engaging audiences online? Video. When used effectively, a professionally produced press release video can be an extremely powerful tool for getting your organization’s news out to a wide audience and making a significant SEO impact.
Video Format Press Releases Provide SEO Value
One of the few things that experts in online marketing trends can agree on is that video has become an integral part of any robust online strategy in recent years. In fact:
- YouTube is now the second largest search engine behind Google with more than 1 billion viewers and a billion hours watched daily
- A study by aimClear found video search results have a 41% higher click-through than plain text results
- People are significantly more likely to stay on your site for longer if there is video content rather than just having a plain text site
- 59% of senior executives say that they will opt for video when given the choice between video and text
Video works. But why? And how can you effectively harness its power?
Why Video Press Releases Work
Primarily, video is engaging in a way that simple text is not. Consider your own personal preferences for browsing online content – would you be more likely to view an engaging video press release, rather than reading blocks of text? For most people, the answer is YES! That is because video engages our brains on multiple levels: visual and auditory. Our brains are wired to be attracted to these things, and we naturally remember more of what we see and hear compared with what we read.
Because of this level of deep engagement, viewers are also far more likely to stay on a website with video content for a longer time. If people are going to your site and leaving immediately,
that doesn’t speak very highly of the value your pages are offering.
Likewise, that’s why the time a viewer spends on your news release is one of the measures Google uses for determining the value of your content; more time equals more engagement and ultimately improved rankings. And since one of the many benefits of utilizing press releases in your online marketing strategy is SEO, producing a great video featuring valuable and relevant news – that readers actually engage with by reading, clicking, and sharing – is a sure way to improve SEO value.
Another tremendous positive of utilizing a video format for your press release is the extent of video’s reach. Obviously, you’re wanting to reach the greatest number of people with your news release. Well, sharing your news release in a variety of multimedia formats and across multiple platforms can increase your audience significantly! Instead of just having your press release published on news and media sites, you’ll also be on sites like Vimeo and YouTube — the second largest search engine behind Google, as a reminder!
What Makes A Good Video Press Release
When thinking about how to format your organization’s news release, it is helpful to picture your press release being read aloud on your local news channel. While this might seem a bit strange to think about as you’re writing, it really makes the difference between an engaging and captivating video, and something that was meant to be read, not heard.
Our advice? Have a little fun with it! If you’re in an office, find your best “news anchor” personalities (a balance between a painfully-dry Ken from Channel 2 Action News and Ron Burgundy is ideal), and have them practice reading your press release out loud.
You want your video to be:
- Professional – A video that doesn’t appear to be professional or modern is going to hurt your message more than help. Cutting corners and producing a sub-standard video won’t pay off in terms of shares and user engagement, nor will it reflect positively on your brand.
- On Brand – When developing a video press release, it’s especially important that the message you are delivering is on brand and to the point. A poorly written press release will come across badly in video format.
- Accurate – It’s important to ensure the technical aspects of your video press release are accurate, alongside the message you’re sharing. This means all metadata is accurate, titles and descriptions incorporate your keyword targeting, and a strong launch plan is in place to ensure wide distribution of your news release.
If you’re not confident in your ability to produce a professional press release video, consider working with a professional digital press release organization for help!
Why The News Anchor Format Works
If you have spent any time researching how to attract the attention of your target audience online, you’re certainly aware that video content works. Now it’s simply up to you to decide how you want to present your news.
As professionals in the digital press release world, Online PR Media has found the news anchor format lends itself perfectly to delivering your business’s big news, whether you’re announcing an award, a new product launch, a sale, a strategic partnership, or any other relevant news that matters to your audience. The newsroom format allows you to communicate your news with authority and in a familiar setting to your viewers.
Of course, most businesses don’t have the equipment and expertise in-house to design, produce and edit professional looking videos. That’s why we developed the News Anchor PR Coverage distribution package, to give you access to this valuable multimedia platform for producing professional looking press release videos.
We created the Online PR Media News Room: a studio where you have all of the great film production tools and the people who know how to operate them at your disposal. You write a stellar press release (we’ll help if you need it!), then upload your press release as usual along with an abbreviated (150 words max) “script.” Your script should be succinct and impactful, pulling the key points from your release along with a brief quote. Our staff will then read the script from our very own newsroom. The result is a professional and valuable press release video that you have full rights to and can distribute far and wide for maximum exposure and engagement!
The $279 Online PR Media News Anchor PR Coverage package includes:
All of the same features of our best-selling Search Engine Visibility package, PLUS:
- A professional video recording of the reading of the press release script from the Online PR Media newsroom
- Full rights to the distribution and copy of the video
Automatic posting of the video to the Online PR Media Youtube and Vimeo Channels
Online PR Media Is Here To Help Get Your Press Release The Attention It Deserves
Whether you’re a seasoned PR-writing pro, or you’re just getting started, a news anchor press release is a great addition to your online marketing strategy toolbox that will get your news more coverage and boost your SEO results. Want to learn more about this distribution package from Online PR Media, or how we can help with writing, editing and production of your video? We’d love to help! Contact us online to schedule time with a press release expert today.