Shelf Life Advice is committed to helping consumers save money by avoiding food waste and has published several articles to help consumers understand how long their holiday leftovers will last.
Online PR News – 24-December-2010 – – ORLANDO, Fla.—The holiday season brings family and friends together for traditional holiday meals and parties, resulting in lots of leftovers. ShelfLifeAdvice.com, a free food reference website that provides detailed information on the shelf life of hundreds of foods, has published several articles to help consumers understand how long they can safely enjoy their holiday leftovers.
ShelfLifeAdvice.com’s new holiday articles address popular concerns such as: how long cooked turkey lasts, how long leftovers should sit out, and how to avoid food contamination. Some of those articles include:
• Tips for Winter Holiday Meals
• Serving Guests Safely
• Everything You Need to Know About Cranberry Sauce
• How Long Can I Keep Refrigerated Leftovers?
Reference ShelfLifeAdvice.com during the holidays to find out how to:
• Store and prepare foods for maximum longevity and freshness
• Determine when food is or isn’t safe to consume
• Avoid risk of food-borne illness
• Understand the difference between “use-by” dates, expiration dates and “best-by” dates.
As an added bonus, visitors to ShelfLifeAdvice.com can receive a free food reference guide and food temperature chart to stick on their refrigerators for a quick and handy guide while preparing holiday meals.
ShelfLifeAdvice.com is a free website with comprehensive shelf-life and storage information on hundreds of foods, with data from university, government, and other reliable sources.