Guest Post Guidelines
Interested in contributing to Online PR Media’s blog? That’s great! We love publishing guest posts, but we want to ensure that our content remains on target and as useful as possible for our readers too.
To make it easy, we’ve created these guidelines for guest posts:
Since PR, publicity and visibility are our primary focus, the best topics to target are:
- Publicity tactics or case studies
- Press release writing
- Media outreach
- Online marketing ideas
We would prefer that you email with your blog topic prior to writing.
Blog Post Content
- Content must be your own original work and not published anywhere else online.
- Plagiarism is not permitted. When quoting others, please cite your sources accordingly.
- Once you’ve submitted your post to us, you may not publish this post anywhere else online (not on your own website, blog or anyone else’s blog.)
- Please keep your submission between 300 – 1,000 words
Style & Formatting
- Title – Should be actionable – give readers a clue to what they will learn by reading the article.
- First Paragraphs – After reading the first paragraph (or two) readers should know what they are going to learn by reading the article and why it matters
- Byline – The “about the author” section will be at the bottom, following your guest post. This should be one paragraph with a limit of two links.
- Voice – The content should be from the perspective of a person and not a company. So, instead of saying “we’ll cover five things that…” it should read “I’ll cover five things that….” Personality is a plus!
Pictures & Photos
We require that each blog post have at least one image. We like to stay away from generic images and prefer ones that support or add to the written content.
- If you are using photos of people, please be sure you have their permission
- If you are borrowing an image, please provide proper attribution and linking
We are happy to give you credit as the author of your post. We allow two (2) links in your byline, which will be displayed at the bottom of the page below your guest blog post. We do not allow links within the post content unless it is directly related to the topic. Excessive links or any links that appear spammy will be removed.
Online PR Media reserves the right to make edits to the piece where necessary to ensure the blog stays congruous with our values. Prior to publication of your guest blog post, we will make sure you agree with these changes.
If a guest post is inappropriate or needs improvement, we’ll let you know and offer suggestions so that we can publish it in the future.
Online PR Media reserves the right to refuse publication, remove blog content and change these guidelines as we see fit.